About Houston Engineers Week
Recognizing that service to the public as a professional engineer is a noble and worthy profession,
the Houston Engineers Week Committee dedicates itself to the promotion of the profession of engineering as a
social and economic influence vital to the welfare of the community, the State of Texas, the United States of America,
and all mankind.
Primary Objectives and Activities
The objectives of the Houston Engineers Week Committee shall be in harmony with the local Chapter
and Region of the Texas Society of Professional Engineers and the National Society of Professional Engineers.
The primary objectives of the Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Advancement and promotion of professional, social, and ecomomic interests of the profession;
- Continuing support of engineering education through scholastic competition and scholarship;
- Recognition and honoring of engineering achievement in Houston area; and,
- Advancement of the public's knowledge of and appreciate for all fields of engineering.
Secondary Objectives and Activities
In addition to the primary objectives of the Houston Engineers Week Committee, secondary activities and objectives include:
- Advancement and promotion of public welfare;
- Stimulation and development of professional concepts among all engineers;
- Development of the civic consciousness of members of the engineering profession;
- Service to the public good by support of and cooperation with local and other public officials;
- Representation of the engineering profession in civic matters in the interests of the profession; and
- Encouragement of high standards of ethical conduct and practice by members of the profession.
Copyright 2013 Houston Engineers WeekAll Rights Reserved